Quinoa and vegetable stuffed peppers – vegetarian, Slimming World recipe
And no need for a Thermomix for this one!
I am in looooove with these bright vegetarian stuffed peppers.
Today we prove two things:
- You don’t have to be vegetarian to enjoy veggie dishes!
- Comforting and healthy stuffed peppers don’t have to be boring.
Serve these colourful, flavour-packed stuffed peppers for a weeknight vegetarian, Slimming World friendly family meal.
These filling and flavourful stuffed peppers are an updated version of my mum’s stuffed vegetables. She’s very good at stuffed tomatoes, courgettes, and peppers in my mother. It’s been a favourite of us kids when we were growing up and is still very much a staple dish whenever we get together.
My version, unlike my mothers’, is totally meatless. But I can guarantee you that you won’t miss the meat.
Thanks to fresh vegetables, these peppers have loads of goodness stuffed in (excuse the pun!) them.
This vegetarian, Slimming World, family recipe is full of good stuff, very delicious, kids friendly and you can also prepare them in advance and simply reheat them on the night.
Lucky for you they’re also very easy to prepare, with just 8 ingredients.
They’re gluten-free (you might want to replace the quinoa with rice), super healthy and make for a great family meal served with a side salad. They would also make for a great entree or side dish at a dinner party. How about stuffing mini-peppers and passing them around as canapes at your next party?
PS: This recipe was adapted from a French one – you can find the original here.
And if you’ve enjoyed this recipe… don’t forget to leave a comment below for everyone else to see!
There are many other vegetarian recipes on this blog for you to enjoy:
- Coconut, quinoa, and lentil curry with lime mango
- Mary Berry vegetarian lasagna
- And our world-famous chakchouka
… to name just a few.
- Chop 1 onion and 1 garlic clove to the TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides. Add 3 sprays of Fry Light and cook for 3 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- In the meantime, chop the aubergine into small cubes.
- Heat up a large saucepan. Transfer the onion and garlic. Add 150g quinoa, one vegetable stock cube, the chopped aubergine, and 500ml water. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop 2 tomatoes in small cubes and chop 300g feta. Half and de-seed the peppers. Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Mix the chopped tomatoes and feta to the quinoa. Stuff each pepper half with the quinoa mix. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.