30 seconds pesto Thermomix recipe
Pesto is one of the best food staple as it is so great for so many things, pasta, fish, salad dressing, as a dip to name just a few.
Everyone needs a simple and foolproof basil, olive oil, parmesan and pine nut pesto recipe and this pesto Thermomix recipe could not be simpler, yet is packed full of flavours, while only using a handful of fresh ingredients.
How often have you come home, after a long day, all you want is the quickest of dinner and the first thing that jumps to mind is pasta with a jar of pesto?
However, next time put the jar back in the cupboard and make this 30 seconds pesto Thermomix recipe instead.
It is absolutely delicious, has a bright fresh Italian flavour and colours and will quickly become one of your kitchen staples.
When it comes to pesto, fresh is always best and so this recipe can be whizzed up in no time at all.
10 ways you can use pesto beyond pasta:
- Make a dip – mix it up with creme fraiche, Greek yoghurt or even guacamole!
- Pesto meatballs. Mix in with your favourite meatball recipe.
- Pizza verde. Use pesto instead of tomato sauce and top with courgette and ricota cheese.
- Pesto bread. Instead of garlic bread, spread pesto and toast.
- Pesto bread – take 2. Stir pesto into bread dough for a very special dinner roll.
- Italian BLT. Spread pesto mixed with mayonnaise on toasted bread; fill with crisp pancetta, sliced tomato and lettuce.
- Pesto Green Beans. Toss 500g green beans with 3 tablespoons pesto and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Mix into Salad Dressing. Add a little vinegar and a little more oil for a delicious summer salad dressing. Whisk into buttermilk for an Italian inspired ranch dressing.
- Bruschetta. Top sliced baguette with pesto, mozzarella and parma ham for a quick and impressive canape.
- Soup. Drizzle on top of a bean stew, potato soup or even corn chowder for an instant lift.
What’s so good about using a Thermomix to make a quick pesto?
- You only use one pot.
- It chops everything.
- Even the hardest of cheese is milled to dust in seconds.
- No washing up – it washes itself.
Do you want to cook that recipe yourself? Book your free cooking experience now.