Couscous in the Thermomix- the simpler yet delicious version that our family really enjoyed.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 small bunch fresh coriander
- 1/2 small bunch fresh parsley
- 3 onions, peeled and halved
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 merguez sausages (make your own from scratch following our recipe here)
- 20g olive oil
- 400g carrots
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tbsp paprika
- 500g water
- 400g courgettes
- 70g raisins
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300g couscous
- 1 tbsp harissa paste (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Mix 1tsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp paprika, 2tbsp olive oil with a bit of salt. Rub the chicken drumsticks in the spice mixture.
- Add 3 onions, halved, 1/2 bunch fresh coriander and 1/2 bunch fresh parsley to the mixing bowl. Chop for 10 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 20g olive oil and cook for 3 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- In the meantime, cook the sausages and chicken drumsticks in the oven. Alternatively you can cook both in the Varoma by putting the Varoma dish in place at step 7
- Peel and chop 400g carrots. Set aside. Chop 400g courgettes and place in the Varoma dish.
- Add the carrots to the mixing bowl, with 1tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, salt and pepper to taste and 500g water. Cook for 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse Speed low.
- Put the Varoma dish in place. Cook for a further 10 minutes / Varoma / Reverse speed low.
- In the meantime, cook the couscous as per packet instructions.
- Remove Varoma dish and set aside. Add 70g raisins 1 tbsp Harissa paste (if using – careful if you’re feeding children – Harissa is pure chilli!) and 1 can chickpeas to the mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed low.
- Add the courgettes to the vegetable mix and serve with the couscous and the sausages.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.