Hearty mushroom bolognese – Vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan – recipe in the Thermomix.
Try our hearty mushroom bolognese recipe. It’s easy, low fat and full of vegetables. Two kinds of mushrooms – porcini and chestnut – add a lovely meaty punch to this vegetarian, and vegan, twist on a classic bolognese sauce!
If you love the comfort of a hearty bolognese sauce after a cold/breezy day, then this recipe is for you.
Active time: 5 minutes – Total time: 30 minutes
- 50g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 500g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 bunch of basil
- Soak 50g porcini mushrooms in 200ml boiling water.
- Add 2 onions, halved, 4 garlic cloves, 2 carrots, roughly chopped, 500g chestnut mushrooms and 2 celery stalks to the mixing bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and cook for 4 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- In the meantime, drain the porcini mushrooms, keeping the liquid. Chop them.
- Add 2tbsp tomato puree, the chopped porcini mushrooms, a few sprigs of fresh thyme, 1 tsp celery salt and the strained liquid in the mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes / 100C / reverse speed low, without measuring cup.
- Add 400g chopped tomatoes and salt & pepper to taste to the mixing bowl. Cook for 20 minutes / 100C / reverse speed low, replacing measuring cup with simmering basket.
- In the meantime, cook your pasta in a pan, as per packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and stir it through the bolognese sauce. Pick the basil leaves and sprinkle over the bolognese with a good grating of Parmesan to serve.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.