Spicy lentil and carrot soup – with or without a Thermomix
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 5 minutes – Total time: 27 minutes
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 600g carrots
- 200g red split lentils
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 125ml milk
- A bit of fresh coriander
- A few dollops of plain yoghurt
- Add 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves and 600g carrots (no need to peel), roughly chopped into the mixing bowl and chop for 5 seconds / speed 6. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chilli flakes and salt & pepper to taste. Saute for 5 minutes / 120C / Speed 1.
- Add 200g red split lentils, 125ml milk and 1 litre vegetable stock to the mixing bowl. Cook for 20 minutes / 100ºC / Speed 1.
- Blend 1 minute / speed 5 to 10, increasing speed gradually.
Top with fresh coriander, a dollop of yoghurt, and serve with warm naan bread or a loaf of crusty bread.
Delicious. Bon appetit x