Super (and I do mean super) nachos Thermomix recipe
Cheese sauce on nachos? Yes really! I wasn’t convinced either but it certainly worked very well. (even better the second time when I didn’t pour it all over the chips and made them all mushy!!)
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 30 minutes
Serves 4 – COST: £6.32
- 1 bag tortilla chips – £0.60
- 2 ripe tomatoes – £0.36
- 1 red onion – £0.22
- 1 handful coriander – £0.70
- 1 chilli – £0.60
- 1 onion – £0.17
- 1 red pepper – £0.50
- 1 yellow pepper – £0.50
- 1 tsp ground cumin – £0.05
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed – £0.55
- 500ml milk – £0.50
- 40g salted butter – £0.25
- 60g plain flour – £0.03
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 100g grated cheddar – £0.57
- 100g grated mozzarella – £0.72
- Make the salsa – add 2 ripe tomatoes, 1 red onion, halved, a handful of coriander and 1/2 chilli to the mixing bowl. Mix for 3 seconds/speed 3. Set aside.
- Add an onion, halved, 1/2 chilli, 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, both roughly chopped, to the mixing bowl. Mix for 3 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the side
- Add a gulp of oil, 1 tsp ground cumin, and salt to taste. Cook for 3 minutes / 100C / Speed low.
- Add 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed. Cook for a further 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed low.
- In the meantime arrange the tortilla chips in an oven proof dish so that there is a big gap in the middle (or you’ll end up with soggy chips).
- Pour the pepper / black beans mixture into the gap.
- Give your Thermomix bowl a quick rinse.
- Make the cheese sauce. Add 250g milk, 20g butter, 30g plain flour, salt & pepper to taste to the mixing bowl. Cook for 8 minutes / 90C / speed 4. Add 100g grated cheese, mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Pour the cheese sauce in the well.
- Cover the whole dish with mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tomato salsa all over and serve immediately.
Delicious. Bon appetit x