Delia Smith’ Thai chicken with lime and coconut cream – adapted for the Thermomix
This is definitely in our top 10 all-time favourite recipe.
We came across it in a supermarket TV ad probably about 7 or 8 years ago.
We’ve made it since more times than I care to count, for dinner parties, family dinners, with chicken (as per this recipe) but also with prawns or even white fish. But never in the Thermomix… until last night!
It’s always been just wonderfully delicious and hard to believe it is as simple as it is to put together and that is still very much the case with a little help from Momo!
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 10 minutes – Marinade: minimum one hour – Total time: 1h25 minutes
- 4 spring onions – £0.60
- 400g chicken breasts mini fillets – £3.00
- Zest and juice of 2 limes – £0.70
- 250ml creamed coconut – £1.00
- 1 green chilli, deseeded – £0.60
- 3 tbsp fish sauce – £0.10
- 40g pack coriander – £0.70
- 400g Basmati rice – £0.60
- ‘Peel’ the zest of 2 limes with a potato peeler. Add the zest to the mixing bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 10. Chop for a few more seconds if needs be.
- Marinade the chicken with the lime zest & juice for an hour or longer if you have time.
- In the meantime, add 4 spring onions, roughly chopped to the mixing bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside. Rinse and dry the mixing bowl.
- After an hour put the chicken together with its marinade into the mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed low.
- In the meantime cook the rice in a saucepan as per packet instructions.
- Add one green chilli, sliced, 250ml coconut cream, 3tbsp fish sauce, 20g chopped coriander. Cook for 15 minutes / 100C / reverse speed low.
- Serve spooned over the rice with the remaining coriander sprinkled over.
Delicious. Bon appetit x