Hearty sausage cassoulet – Thermomix recipe
Cassoulet is probably the best French ‘peasant’ dish you can ever come across.
There is no dish in South West France that is more iconic. Some serve it with duck, pork, sausages – there are so many versions, it’s impossible to try just one!
It’s a loose, almost soup-like stew of beans and meat – it’s perfect for cold winter family dinners and can be equally served to impress your guests at your next dinner party.
This Thermomix version might not be the original cassoulet from South West France but it’s more than good enough for my family and I on this frosty Tuesday evening! And it only took me 10 minutes to put together!
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 25 minutes – COST – £9.75
- 2 onions, halved – £0.34
- 4 garlic cloves – £0.10
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley – £0.70
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced – £0.50
- 1 stick celery, sliced – £0.10
- 1 large carrot, sliced – £0.10
- 30g tomato puree – £0.08
- 1 punnet baby plum tomatoes, halved – £0.90
- 2 tins cannellini beans, rinsed – £1.70
- 100g lardons – £1.00
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme – £0.10
- 1 chicken stock pots – £0.30
- 1 red chili, stabbed – £0.50
- 8 Toulouse sausages – £3.33
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Add 2 onions, 4 garlic cloves and 1 small bunch of fresh parsley to the mixing bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add a good gulp of olive oil and 1 yellow pepper, 1 carrot, 1 stick celery, all sliced. Cook for 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed low.
- Add 30g tomato puree, 1 punnet baby plum tomatoes, halved, 2 tins of cannellini beans, rinsed, 100g lardons, a few sprigs of fresh thyme, 1 red chili, whole and stabbed, 1 chicken stock pot and 200ml water. Cook for 20 minutes / 100C / reverse speed low.
- In the meantime, cook the Toulouse sausages in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Season cassoulet with salt & pepper to your liking. Remove thyme sprigs and red chili before serving. Spoon into bowls and top with the sausages.
Delicious. Bon appetit x