Two salmon pate – Christmas Thermomix recipe
Whip up this creamy, delicious salmon pate in no time, great served as a dip or as a starter with blinis or toasted sourdough.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Serves 8 to 10 as a starter, more as a dip
Active time: 5 minutes – Total time: 20 minutes
- 750g fresh salmon
- 125g smoked salmon
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 egg yolk
- 100g Greek-style yoghurt
- 50g salted butter, at room temperature
- A few sprigs of chive
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place zest of one lemon in the mixing bowl, chop for 3 seconds / speed 7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the fresh salmon into the Varoma dish, making sure you leave gaps for the steam to circulate. Fill the mixing bowl with 700g water. Place Varoma dish into position and cook for 18 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1.
- Empty the water from the bowl. Remove the skin from the salmon. Flake it with a fork.
- Add 125g smoked salmon, 50g butter, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 lemon juice, 2 egg yolks, 100g Greek-style yoghurt, the lemon zest and salt & pepper to taste to the mixing bowl. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 3. Scrape down the sides.
- Add the fresh salmon. Mix for 20 seconds / Reverse speed 1.
- Taste to check the seasoning as smoked salmon can vary greatly in its saltiness. Add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed. If you do, mix again for 20 seconds / reverse speed 1.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped chive.
This pate is so easy to make yet I can promise you it impresses every single time.
Delicious. Bon appetit x