Prune sponge pudding – ready in under 10 minutes
Active time: 2 minutes – Total time: 8 minutes
- 1 x 290g tin of pitted prunes
- 100g plain flour
- 50g soft dark brown sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 a level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 75ml milk
- Golden syrup & creme fraiche to serve.
- Add 100g plain flour, 50g soft dark brown sugar, 50g unsalted butter, 1 heaped tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda, one egg and 75ml milk into the mixing bowl. Mix for 30 seconds / Speed 4.
- Get 4 cups that will all fit in your microwave at the same time. Tip the prunes into a bowl, then spoon 1 tbsp of their syrupy juice into each of the cups. Divide the prunes between the 4 cups and top with the cake batter.
- Pop the puddings into the microwave to cook on full power for 6 minutes. Drizzle with a bit of golden syrup and top with creme fraiche.
How easy was that!
Delicious. Bon appetit x