Kedgeree in the Thermomix
Definition: Kedgeree is a traditional British breakfast dish made from curried rice, smoked fish, boiled eggs, parsley and lemon juice.
It really is a lovely dish, originally from India; smokey haddock, spicy rice and boiled eggs create a perfect balance of flavours.
This Thermomix kedgeree is really easy to make and perfect for a big family brunch.
Some people add peas in a kedgeree and some don’t – it’s up to you.
Enjoy and don’t forget to leave a comment below the recipe please.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 25 minutes
- one onion
- 50g butter
- 3 cardamon pods
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 450g basmati rice
- 450g smoked haddock fillet
- 4 eggs
- 1 litre fish stock
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- Add one onion, halved to the TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 50g butter, 3 cardamon pods, 2tbsp mustard seeds, 2 fresh bay leaves, 1 cinnamon stick and 2tsp turmeric. Cook for 5 minutes / 90C / Reverse speed low.
- Add 1 litre fish stock to the TM bowl.
- Add 450g basmati rice to the simmering bowl. Place 4 eggs on top of the rice.
- Place 450g smoked haddock in the Varoma.
- Insert simmering basket and place Varoma on top of TM bowl. Cook everything for 16 min / Varoma / Reverse Speed 1.
- Flake the fish removing any skin or bones. Peel and chop the eggs.
- Gently fork in the fish and the chopped eggs with the rice. Gently stir in almost all the parsley, and season with a little salt and black pepper to taste. Serve scattered with the remaining parsley and garnished with lemon wedges.
Delicious. Bon appetit x