Beef meatballs curry – with or without a Thermomix – gluten free
Easy, delicious and healthy recipe that’s a bit different from your usual curry!
Active time: 7 minutes – Total time: 37 minutes
- 250g cooked puy lentils (I use a ready-to-eat pack but you can cook your own)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 400g minced beef
- 1 onion
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tbsp curry paste
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- 1tsp runny honey
- Put 250g cooked lentils, 1 tbsp garam masala, 400g minced beef in the TM bowl. Mix for 15 seconds, speed 6.
- Divide the mixture and form 16 meatball shapes. Place in oiled Varoma.
- Rinse your bowl.
- Place 1 onion, halved, 3 spring onions, 1/2 red chilli, the coriander stalk and 2 cm fresh ginger to the TM bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 1tsp turmeric, 2tbsp curry paste, 1/2 tin coconut milk, 1tsp runny honey, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix for 10 seconds / speed 2.
- Place Varoma with kofta fingers on top of the bowl. Cook everything for 30 minutes / Varoma / Speed 3.
To serve: finely chop the remaining chilli and the coriander leaves. Sprinkle them over the curry.
Serve with rice and poppodoms
Delicious. Bon appetit x