Apple clafoutis (kla-FOO-tee) – with or without a Thermomix
A clafouti (pronounced kla-FOO-tee) is traditionally a rustic French dessert. It consists of fruits baked in a custard-like batter similar to pancake batter. It’s simply delicious and brings back so many fond memories of summers at my grandparent’s house!
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
For gluten free, replace plain flour by your favourite gluten-free option.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes
- 4 big apples (or 6 medium ones) – mixed variety only adds to the taste!
- 50g plain butter
- 4 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 80g plain flour
- 300g full fat milk
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Lightly grease a 20cm oven proof dish. Peel and slice 4 apples. Place them in the greased dish.
- Add 50g plain butter to the TM bowl. Melt for 3 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add 80g plain flour, 125g caster sugar, 4 eggs and 300ml full fat milk. Mix for 1 minutes / speed 3.
- Pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Best served still warm with a creme anglaise (or a good old custard will be just as good!)
Delicious. Bon appetit x