Chicken in a creamy chorizo sauce
This chicken recipe is quick, simple & delicious. Juicy chicken (use the best quality you can buy) and spicy chorizo blend beautifully.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
To freeze – Do not add the cream during step 7. Let the dish cool completely before freezing. Defrost thoroughly and add cream when heating up.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes – COST: £7.70
- 500g chicken thighs – £3.00
- A generous pinch of paprika – £0.05
- 1 shallots – £0.10
- 1 garlic cloves – £0.05
- 40g dry white wine – £2.00
- 75g milk – £0.33
- 50g spicy chorizo – £0.55
- 50g mild chorizo – £0.55
- 50g red pepper – £0.50
- 1 tbsp tomato puree – £0.10
- 1 chicken stock cube – £0.19
- 100g water
- 80g creme fraiche – £0.23
- 2 tbsp corn flour – £0.05
- Salt & pepper to taste
Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of paprika. Set aside in the simmering basket.
- Add 2 shallots and 2 garlic cloves to the mixing bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 1 chicken stock cube, 80g dry white wine, 130g milk, 100g spicy chorizo, 50g mild chorizo, 50g red pepper and 2 tbsp tomato puree. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 8. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 200g water. Insert the simmering basket with the chicken in it. Cook for 20 minutes / 100C / speed 3.
- Mix the chicken in the simmering basket so that the cooked one is at the top and vice versus. Cook for a further 20 minutes / 100C / speed 4.
- Set the chicken aside in a serving dish.
- Add 2 tbsp corn flour, 80g creme fraiche and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 3 minutes / 90C / speed 4.
- Pour the sauce over the meat.
Serve immediately with rice.
Delicious. Bon appetit x