Thermomix magic vanilla custard cake
Prepare to be wowed by this super-simple magic cake.
A single cake batter that comes out of the oven with three distinct layers, a crust layer at the bottom, a creamy custard in the middle, topped by a fluffy cake layer. And it only requires 7 ingredients!
Truly magic and delicious.
Once you’ve mastered this basic recipe, feel free to experiment by adding other flavours: fresh raspberries, chocolate, lemon, orange & cinnamon, blackberries, the possibilities are endless.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Can be frozen
For gluten free, replace plain flour with buckwheat flour
Active time: 20 minutes – Total time: 55 minutes + 2 hours resting time.
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 500g milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 125g unsalted butter
- 120g caster sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 115g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 170C and make sure your mixing bowl is thoroughly clean and dry.
- Add 4 egg whites and a pinch of salt to the mixing bowl. Add the butterfly whisk. Mix for 3 – 4 minutes / speed 4. (until still peaks are formed)
- Set aside and give your bowl a quick rinse.
- Add 500g milk and one vanilla pod, split in half, to the mixing bowl. Heat for 9 minutes / 70C / speed 2.
- Set aside in a jug.
- Give your bowl a quick wash.
- Add 125g butter and set for 3 minutes / 60C / speed 2.
- Add 4 egg yolks, 120g sugar. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 4.
- Set the bowl to be continually on speed 2. Add a few drops of vanilla essence and 115g plain flour, one spoonful at a time.
- Disregard the vanilla pod from the milk and gradually add the warm milk to the bowl.
- Stop the mixing process, take the lid off and very gently fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Grease a cake tin with butter. Pour in the mixture and slam the dish on a work surface three times so that the air bubbles come out.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 170C.
- Leave to cool and then rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
Delicious. Bon appetit x