Thermomix brioche steam baked in the Varoma
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Can be frozen
For gluten-free, replace plain flour with buckwheat flour
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 65 minutes
- 120g milk
- 30g caster sugar
- 20g butter at room temperature
- 20g fresh yeast
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg & 1 egg yolk
- Add 120g milk, 30g caster sugar, 20g butter and 20g fresh yeast to the mixing bowl. Mix for 3 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add 280g flour, one egg, and 1/2 tsp salt. Knead for 3 minutes / Kneading mode.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls.
- Grease the Varoma dish with butter. Let the dough balls rest in the Varoma for 1/2 hour.
- In the meantime, clean the mixing bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Once the dough ball has risen, add 500ml water the mixing bowl and bake the brioche in the Varoma for 20 minutes / Varoma / speed 1.
- Brush the loaves with the egg yolk and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 180C to add a bit of colour.
You can also add a square of chocolate inside each dough ball during step 3.
Delicious. Bon appetit x