Can be frozen
For gluten free, replace plain flour by gluten free option.
Marble cake steam baked in the Thermomix Varoma (yes really!)
The French Thermomix Facebook groups went completely wild for this recipe this weekend and having tried it myself now, I have to say WOW, just WOW!
You have to try it to believe it!
In terms of which mould to use, it seems that pretty much anything goes. Just make sure it fits in your Varoma though.
Can be frozen
For gluten free, replace plain flour by buckwheat
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 110g sugar
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 50g milk
- 150g self raising flour
- 2 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- Make sure your mixing bowl is thoroughly clean and dry.
- Add 3 egg whites, mix for 4 minutes / speed 4.
- Set aside and rinse your bowl.
- Add 3 egg yolks and 110g sugar. Mix for 1 minutes / speed 4.
- Add 100g butter, 50g milk, 150g self raising flour. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Divide the batter in 2. Add 2 heaped tbsp cocoa powder to the batter remaining in the mixing bowl. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 3.
- Add half the egg whites and fold gently in the batter.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence and the other half of the egg whites to the other half of the batter.
- Take 2 spoons and use them to dollop the chocolate and vanilla cake mixes into the tin alternately. Use a skewer to swirl the mixture around in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Place the tin in the Varoma (careful to leave enough openings for the steam to rise). Fill the mixing bowl with water. Bake 35 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1.
Delicious. Bon appetit x