In this new series of complete 3 course meals, we’re taking on Jamie Oliver’s 30 minutes meals and see if we can make them even better & faster with a little help from our friend Momo the Thermomix.
One thing’s for sure – there isn’t 10,000 things to wash up by the end of it!
Tune back in every Thursday for a new 30 minutes meal.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Jamie vs Momo – Pregnant Jool’s pasta, crunchy salad & little frangipane tarts
Active time: 28 minutes – Total time: 28 minutes (Momo 1 – Jamie 0)
- 4 spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 – 2 fresh chillis
- 400g sausage meat (Jamie uses 6 good quality sausages)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 500g dried pasta of your choice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- A few sprigs of basil
- 1 mixed bag of prewashed rocket and watercress
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 150g plain flour
- 75g butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g water
- 1 egg
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 175g good quality raspberry jam
- 250g creme fraiche to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190C. Fill the kettle and stick it on.
- TARTS – Make shortcrust pastry by adding 150g plain flour, 75g butter cut into pieces, 1/2 tsp salt and 50g water into the bowl. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 4. Wrap pastry ball in cling film and place into the fridge.
- Rinse your Thermomix bowl.
- Next, make the frangipane filling by adding one egg, 100g ground almond, 100g butter, 90g caster sugar, the zest of one orange and one tbsp vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Mix 20 seconds / speed 4. Set aside until needed.
- Let your Thermomix mixing bowl wash itself, by half filling it up with water and a few drops of washing up liquid. Turn on for 50 seconds / 100C / Speed 5. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- PASTA – Add 4 trimmed spring onions, 1 peeled carrot, 1 stick of celery and 1 chilli, all very roughly chopped, to the mixing bowl. Chop for 7 seconds / speed 5.
- Saute for 3 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- In the meantime, put a large deep saucepan on a low heat and fill with boiling water.
- Back to your Thermomix bowl. Add 400g sausage meat, 1 tsp fennel seeds and 1 tsp dried oregano. Mix for 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add a dollop of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- TARTS – In the meantime, take your shortcrust pastry out of the fridge. Roll it out on a floured surface and arrange into 6 individual tart tins.
- Spoon a small tsp of good quality raspberry jam into each pastry base. Top with a heaped teaspoon of almond filling (aka frangipane), add another small tsp of jam, then another heaped tsp of almond filling. Bake for 18 minutes.
- PASTA – Salt the boiling water and add 500g pasta – cook according to packet instructions.
- Add 4 unpeeled cloves of garlic, 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar and a tin of chopped tomatoes into the sausage mixture. Cook for a further 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse speed 1.
- SALAD – add parmesan shavings on top of the rocket & watercress. Serve with a bottle of extra virgin olive oil and lemon wedges to dress right before eating.
- Drain the pasta. Dip them into serving dish. Pour over the sausage sauce. Give it a good mix and serve with grated parmesan and a few basil leaves to sprinkle over.
- TARTS – when they’re ready, take them out of the oven. Serve them warm, with a dollop of creme fraiche.
How easy was that!
Delicious. Bon appetit x