Thermomix flan patissier aka custard tart a la French – simply deliiiicious!
This Thermomix recipe for flan patissier (French custard tart) makes a tart that is simply exquisite, firm yet creamy, we just can’t get enough of it in our family.
After dozens of failed or second best attempts at flan patissier (sometime without a Thermomix), I am so glad I have found this recipe.
I am looking forward to hearing about how you get on with it. Feel free to leave a comment below.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Active time: 13 minutes – Total time: 1h10
- 150g plain flour
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 70g cornflour
- 1 vanilla pod or 1/2 tsp good quality vanilla essence
- 150g single cream
- 600g full fat milk
- Start with the shortcrust pastry. Add 75g butter, 1/2 tsp salt, 150g plain flour, 1 tbsp sugar and 50g water to the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds / Kneading setting, then mix for 10 seconds / speed 2 reverse speed.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Wash and dry your bowl.
- Add 3 eggs, 150g caster sugar, 70g cornflour, the seeds of a vanilla pod (or 1/2 tsp good quality vanilla essence) and 150g single cream to the bowl. Mix for 15 seconds / speed 6.
- Add 600g full fat milk and turn on for 12 minutes / 90C / speed 4.
- Remove the lid and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Roll out the pastry into a round oven proof dish (c. 20 cm diameter)
- Cover the pastry with grease proof paper and baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once done, remove the grease proof paper and baking beans. Mix the cream mixture in the Thermomix for 30 seconds / speed 7.
- Pour the cream mixture into the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes at 180C.
- Let cool down for at least 2 to 3 hours before tasting. Good luck with that part of the recipe!!
I sometimes add raisins, prunes or other dried fruits before pouring the mixture into the pastry. Tastes just as good and kids love the surprise effect!
Delicious. Bon appetit x