Thermomix cream of mushroom soup.
Starting with a simple ‘roux’ (a mixture of flour and butter), adding a bit of cream and milk, followed by fabulous mushrooms – there you have it: a cream of mushroom soup as good as the one you might have tried in restaurants.
It’s ready in under half an hour and will set you back about 50p per person.
Add a crusty loaf of bread – quick lunch or impressive dinner first course sorted!
For gluten free, replace plain flour by buckwheat.
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 27 minutes
- 1 onion
- 20g olive oil
- 30g plain flour
- 300g closed cup white mushrooms
- 400g water
- 1 chicken stock cube (replace with vegetable stock for veggie option)
- 150g milk
- 150g creme fraiche
- 20g fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Add one onion, halved, to mixing bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides
- Add 20g olive oil. Saute 2 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- Add 30g plain flour. Cook for 2 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- Add 300g mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes / 100C / speed 3.
- Add 400g water, a chicken stock cube, 150g milk, salt & pepper. Cook for 10 minutes / 100C / speed 2.
- Add 150g creme fraiche and 20g fresh parsley. Whizz for 30 seconds / speed 4. Gradually increase the speed to 8.
Serve immediately with a warm loaf of crusty bread.
Delicious. Bon appetit x