Thermomix brioche burger buns
I love the brioche-style burger buns but have you seen how much they cost? And how much junk there is in the store bought ones?
BBQ season or not, nothing beats a good old burger – the kids love them, with so many recipes around, it’s a very versatile easy dinner option that we keep coming back to over and over again.
This recipe is simply lovely and so easy. Though you’ll need to allow time for the dough to rest.
Makes 8 buns
Active time: 15 minutes – Total time: 2h30
- 420g strong white bread flour
- 1 x 7g dried quick yeast
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 25g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 175g buttermilk
- a few sesame seeds
- Add 175g buttermilk and the dried yeast to the mixing bowl. Mix for 3 minutes / 37C / speed 2.
- Add 420g strong white bread flour, 40g soft brown sugar, one egg, the yolk of the other egg (keep the white), one tsp salt. Mix for 3 minutes / Kneading setting.
- Add 25g butter and mix for 3 minutes / kneading setting.
- Add the dough to an oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and leave to rest for 1h30.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and gently fold over to let the air bubbles out.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 rolls and put them on the baking tray.
- Loosely cover with a clean damp cloth and leave to rest for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Whisk the egg white with a bit of water. Brush the dough rolls and add a few sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Delicious. Bon appetit x