Tomatoes, peppers and oranges chicken tray bake
This colourful and tasty tray bake, which uses chicken legs for extra flavour, is easy to assemble and perfect for a mid-week budget meal.
It is equally a sure bet to impress your dinner party guests with its chicken legs & thighs, flavoured with tomatoes, peppers and oranges in an easy one-pan meal.
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 red onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- a gulp of olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 400g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 oranges
- 200ml orange juice
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Put 2 red onions, halved and 4 garlic cloves in the mixing bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Add a gulp of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes / 100C / speed 1
- In a large baking tray, add the chicken, the onion mixture, the peppers, the tomatoes, the orange juice and a good pinch of salt & pepper. Mix everything together. Cover with the thyme leaves and the paprika.
- Roast for around 45 minutes, turning and basting the chicken a couple of times.
- Top with fresh orange slices, skin removed.
Serve with fluffy rice, roast potatoes, spinach, kale or green beans and a loaf of crusty bread to mop up the juice.
Delicious. Bon appetit x