Thermomix pea & courgette soup
One of my winter favourite. My family loves it too – the bigs like a good soup and the smalls are happy enough if they can drink it with a straw and luckily this particular soup is smooth enough to allow just that.
It can also be frozen so make an ideal lunch for those days when there’s just not enough hour.
Serve with warm bread and butter – yum!
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- a gulp of olive oil
- 4 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 250g frozen garden peas
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (to make 1L)
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 1tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- Fresh mint and creme fraiche to garnish
- Put 2 leeks, roughly chopped and 3 garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides
- Add a gulp of olive oil. Saute 5 minutes / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add 4 courgettes, roughly chopped and cook 5 minutes / 100 C / speed 1.
- Add 250g frozen peas & 500 ml vegetable stock. Cook 5 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add thyme leaves, nutmeg, bay leaves, salt & pepper and remaining stock. Cook 20 minutes / 100 C / speed 1.
- Fish out the bay leaves and then turn on 20 seconds / speed 10.
Garnish with a few mint leaves and creme fraiche. Serve with warm bread.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx