This Italian classic combines aubergines, tomatoes, parmezan and mozzarella. An ideal dish for entertaining.
It can take a whole afternoon to make from scratch but with a few shortcuts and a lot of help from your Thermomix, it will be on your table in just over an hour.
(Gousto are very much like HelloFresh, they’re a food box company. You pick the number of meals and number of people that suit your family and they deliver ALL the ingredients you need to cook delicious food, really quickly!)
If you’ve not subscribed to Gousto, then the list of ingredients you need is below.
Aubergine Parmigiana – a Gousto recipe cooked in the Thermomix
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 75 minutes
- 2 aubergines
- 80g parmesan cheese
- 2 red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 20g fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 125g ball mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the aubergines lengthways as thinly as you can (1/2 cm ideally)
- Salt both sides of the aubergine slices. Set aside on Varoma dish.
- Add 80g parmesan to the mixer bowl. Turn on for 10 seconds / speed 10. Set aside.
- Add 2 red onions, cut in half and 3 garlic cloves to the mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add a gulp of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1 without measuring cup.
- Add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 4 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tsp sugar, 20g fresh basil roughly chopped, 2 tsp dried oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Add the Varoma dish with the aubergines and cook for 40 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- In the meantime, slice the mozzarella.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer aubergines, mozzarella, tomato sauce and parmesan. Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 180C.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx