Here in the UK, when you attend a Thermomix demo, you get to make and taste delicious cheese scones, which we then enjoy with a pea and mint soup.
Since adding Momo the Thermomix to our family about a year ago, I have made the classic cheese scone recipe so many times I’ve lost count – tonight we added bacon to it and very nice it was too. So I thought I’d share…
Bacon & cheese scones in the Thermomix
Active time: 5 minutes – Total time: 30 minutes
- 200g lardons or bacon rashes diced
- 450g self-raising flour
- 120g butter diced into 1cm
- 1 pinch salt
- 120g cheddar cheese
- 250g milk
- Preheat your oven to 220C
- Add lardons to the Thermomix bowl. Turn on for 4 minutes / 100C / slow speed / reverse speed. When cooked drain in a colander and set aside.
- Add flour, butter and salt to the mixing bowl. Mix on Turbo / 1 second / 5 or 6 times.
- Add cheese and chop again Turbo / 1 second / 3 times.
- Add milk. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 4.
- Add lardons. Knead for 30 seconds.
- Tip out onto a floured mat and gently bring the dough together. Press out with hands to about 3cm thickness.
- Using the spatula, cut into 8 scones and place onto an oiled & floured tray.
- Cook in the oven for 18 minutes at 220C.
Best enjoyed warm with a bowl of soup or just as they are.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx