Moroccan chicken with lemony couscous. A Gousto recipe in the Thermomix
This recipe came as part of our Gousto Box and was quite heavily adapted to work in the Thermomix.
If you’re not familiar with Gousto, they’re very much like HelloFresh, they’re a food box company. You pick the number of meals and number of people that suit your family and they deliver ALL the ingredients you need to cook delicious food, really quickly!
If you’ve not subscribed to Gousto, then the list of ingredients you need is below.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Moroccan chicken with lemony couscous – a Gousto recipe cooked in the Thermomix
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes
- 60g blanched almonds
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- One dollop olive oil
- 2 tbsp ras el hanout (here’s how to make your own)
- 1 heaped tbsp chicken stock or 2 chicken stock cubes
- 100g dried apricots
- 8 chicken thighs fillets
- 2 lemons
- 240g couscous
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place 60g blanched almonds on an oven tray and put in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, add onions, garlic cloves and chilli (optional) to the mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides
- Add a dollop of olive oil and cook for 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 1 without measuring cup.
- Add the ras el hanout and cook for 2 minutes / 100C / speed 1 without measuring cup.
- Add the chicken stock and 300ml water. Cook for 10 minutes / 100C / speed 2 without measuring cup.
- In the meantime, chop the chicken thighs into thick strips, chop the dried apricots roughly, zest the lemons and cut into quarters.
- Add the chicken strips, diced apricots to the mixer bowl and 4 lemon quarters. Cook for 15 minutes / 100C / low speed / reverse speed with measuring cup.
- When done, squeeze out the pulp from the cooked lemons into the sauce and discard the rind. Careful: it will be hot!
- In the meantime, add the lemon zest and couscous to a bowl. Add boiling water according to packet instructions.
- To serve: plate the chicken on top of the couscous and sprinkle with the chopped toasted almonds. Serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx