I must have tried over a dozen tomato sauce recipes out there and this is by far my family’s favourite.
It is so quick and I usually have the ingredients in the cupboard/fridge.
It is very versatile too, you can use Italian herbs or cayenne pepper, hide vegetables in it and enjoy it with pasta or on pizzas.
It’s also perfect to make in batches and freeze portions for that evening when ‘there’s nothing to eat Mummy!’.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
My go-to Thermomix tomato sauce
Active time: 5 minutes – Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 20g olive oil
- 400g fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped in 8th.
- 15g balsamic vinegar
- 5g caster / granulated sugar
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence (oregano, basil, basil, thyme, parsley – whatever herbs take you fancy really!)
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Place peeled and halved onion, garlic cloves, roughly chopped pepper and the olive oil in the Thermomix bowl. Turn on for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Cook for 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Remove the measuring cup or your sauce will be very liquid.
- Cook 30 minutes / 100C / Speed 1 – cook a little longer if you’d like a thicker consistency.
- If you like it chunky, then it’s ready. If you like it more smooth turn your thermomix on for 5 seconds / speed 5.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx