Burritos – one of my favourite food in the world. But never had I attempted to make some myself, let alone from scratch! I’m not sure why, because it’s really quite simple.
I am not sure this is the original burritos recipe you’d find in Mexico but still, it was amazingly delicious. Everyone LOVED them.
This recipe came as part of our Gousto Box and was quite heavily adapted to work in the Thermomix.
If you’re not familiar with Gousto, they’re very much like HelloFresh, they’re a food box company. You pick the number of meals and number of people that suit your family and they deliver ALL the ingredients you need to cook delicious food, really quickly!
If you’ve not subscribed to Gousto, then the list of ingredients you need is below.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Chilli Beef Burritos & Lime Mayo – a Gousto recipe cooked in the Thermomix
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 20 minutes
- 150g basmati rice
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 500g mince beef
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 50g honey
- 8 tortilla wraps (shop bought on this occasion)
- 5 tbsp Thermomix mayonnaise (recipe in Basic Cook Book) – alternatively, you can use shop bought mayo.
- 2 limes
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 1 bunch coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Cooked the rice in a pan (shock horror I know! But there’s just too much for Momo to do already!)
- Grate the cheese in your Thermomix bowl – 10 seconds, speed 7
- Set aside. Rinse and dry your Thermomix bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes – 2 seconds, speed 6.
- Set aside. Rinse and dry your Thermomix bowl
- Add beef mince to your bowl with a dollop of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Cook for 4 minutes / 100C / speed 1.
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli flakes (adapt amount to your taste buds!), chopped tomatoes and honey. Cook 5 minutes without lid / 100C / speed 1
- You will end up with quite mushy meat, which works very well for burritos.
- In the meantime, combine the juice of 1 lime with the mayo and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the tortillas to a baking tray and put in the oven for 4 minutes until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, hand shred the little gem finely.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges & pick the leaves of the coriander.
- That’s it – you can now build your burritos with rice, chilli beef, little gem lettuce, grated cheese, lime mayo and as many leaves of coriander as you like!
Delicious. Bon appetit x