Time for round 2 with this baked Margherita Risotto – I love a good Thermomix Risotto so couldn’t wait to try one with a twist!
If you’re not familiar with HelloFresh, they’re a food box company. You pick the number of meals and number of people that suit your family and they deliver ALL the ingredients you need to cook delicious food, really quickly!
If you’ve not subscribed to HelloFresh, then the list of ingredients you need is below.
* To ensure Momo & the Gang remains completely free to use, this post may contain affiliate links.
Baked Margherita Risotto – a HelloFresh recipe cooked in the Thermomix
Serves 4 – Gluten free
Active time: 10 minutes – Total time: 1 hour
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 70g butter
- 350g arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 20g butter
- 2 vegetable stock pots
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes
- 2 balls mozzarella
- Pick the basil leaves from their stalks, set the leaves aside and chop the stalks in your Thermomix – 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Set aside. Rinse and dry your Thermomix bowl.
- Place peeled shallots and garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Add 20g of butter and saute 3 minutes / 120C / speed 1.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 200C.
- Add the rice and saute 3 minutes / 120C / Speed 1 – Reverse speed without measuring cup.
- Add 800ml water, stock pots and a pinch of salt. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to losen the rice. Cook 16 min / 100C / Speed 1 – Reverse speed. Place simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid (or it will splash everywhere! You’ve been warned!)
- About 10 minutes in, add the cherry tomatoes.
- When the risotto is cooked, transfer it into an oven proof dish. Stir in the remaining 50g of butter and the basil leaves. Cut the mozzarella into slices. Lay the slices on top, then grill for about 4 / 5 minutes.
Serve with a simple cucumber salad.
Delicious. Bon appetit x
You made it through the entire post? That means you’re one of my new favourite people!
I’d love you even more if you’d be kind enough to join the dozens of people who have already made this blog better for everyone by leaving a comment.
If you’ve enjoyed it, feel free to share / save / pin on your favourite platforms too. The links you need are right here, below this post.
Thank you and merci buckets. Mxx